This is going to be a short one. A quick update on something which I have already done.
I had prepared my bot in R using
Search a tweet with #GoodMorning and replying it back was done in R and follow/ unfollowing people along with muting them was done in Python. I had started working on other additional features as well and that too in Python. I knew sooner or later I have to move the entire code in Python as this hybrid one would not last longer but I was just being too lazy or pretending to be busy to complete it.
Finally, one day I decided to do it. The coding part didn’t take much time but the scheduling one was a little different than the previous one and hence, it took some time to figure out.
Also, I have used both
tweepy package here. Functionality wise nothing has been changed, only change is in the code.
You can find the detailed code here on Github.
PS – at the time of writing this article I remember there is a new (or updated) package in R related to twitter which handles all this stuff. Not sure, though. I am python guy now. 😉